Our facility is a member-owned climbing gym in the historic Townsite of Powell River.
The Gym Features:
- 5 am to 11 pm daily access for membership holders
- 5 days a week drop-in times
- 2,100 sq feet of climbing (1400 sq ft bouldering, and 700 sq ft top roping)
- A climbing & fitness training area
- High quality route setting
- Climbing shoe, chalk & harness rental
- Choose your own tunes during membership hours
- Expert Staff
- Tons of fun and community
What is Bouldering?
Bouldering is a simple – and extremely fun – form of climbing in which the climber solves short “problems” on an unroped wall (13 feet high in our facility). Foot-thick gymnastic mats break falls.
It requires no special equipment (beyond climbing shoes and some chalk) or technical climbing know-how. It can be done without a partner.
It is also the most social styles of climbing because it encourages people to gather around a boulder problem attempting to solve it and cheer each other on.
What is Top Roping?
Top roping is the typical roped climbing that you probably think of when you think of climbing gyms. Our facility contains a wall with 6 ropes.
In this form of climbing, you use ropes through an anchor, a harness, and a “belay” buddy to keep you safe as you climb up a larger span of wall (close to 27 feet in our gym)
Where to Find Us
We’re located in the Townsite Market, at 201 – 5831 Ash St. Member entrance during non-mall hours is from Walnut st, across from Elements Movement.